Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hotel review: The Sleep Inn Airport - Kansas City

The Sleep Inn Airport 


My rating: 4 out of 5 (based on my personal experience, not the quality of the hotel)

It took an entire day to travel from L.A. to Kansas City, Missouri -  having a stop over all the way in Chicago and then going back to Kansas City, I finally arrived in my hotel near the airport late in the evening. I was exhausted and still somewhat jet-legged.

After putting the bad experiences of Los Angeles behind me - I was happy to find the opposite experience in the lovely Kansas City. First stop: The Sleep Inn Airport. Being near the airport was great, especially so I wouldn't have to travel all the way back in from the city. Their complementary shuttle bus was also handy and was able to pick me up and take me back to the airport at my leisure - which was a fantastic deal and well worth the little extra I paid for the room.

I slept in a wonderful comfy bed and felt secure with electric locked doors (as opposed to dodgy locks and broken bars at my window in L.A.). Not to mention a free, fantastic buffet of all-you-can-eat breakfast in the morning. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and allowed me to check out slightly later than I was supposed to in order for me to connect to my bus travel onto Trenton Missouri. They also recommended me to have lunch at a fantastic little diner called “Ruby Tuesdays” which was across the road from the hotel. This was another fantastic experience where all the staff were more than friendly and helpful and catered to my every needs. The whole experience gave me a great feeling about Kansas City and made me love the place, even if I’d only been there just over 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment